Wednesday, June 9, 2010

That ever important evening gown choice!!

As I am sitting here realizing I only have a few more months as Mrs. America (sad but excited for the next woman who is chosen with the honor of representing us married women of AMERICA!!)I thought I would post a few photos of my decision making process of my Mrs. World gown. I won the title of Mrs. America in a Stephen Yearick gown and I think the dresses that Leigh Price (designer for Stephen Yearick and YSA Makino) designs can truly be described as "evening" gowns. It was a no brainer for me to work with him for my Mrs. World gown. He will also be assisting me in my gown decision (along with Holly Ernst http://www.hollyernst.com/ and Sarah Moses http://www.pageantshop.netmy"power team") that I will be wearing when I crown Mrs. America 2011. The gown choice this time around will be even more important to me because I will be 6 weeks post-partem! The gowns below are the ones that made the cut for Mrs. World before we ultimately chose the purple with "feather-ish" bottom. We knew it needed to be something that had HUGE presence on stage because the stage at Mrs. World was enormous. In fact I thought about doing an interval workout while at Mrs. world on stage during rehearsals. Then I realized that would be weird (yes, us runners are a different breed :)) (above) me with Leigh Price

(above) this black gown was the runner-up!! It was a very tough decision!!
































No comments:

Post a Comment